Becoming a SADACCA member is easy. Simply fill out the form and we will do the rest for you!
Ordinary Membership £10.00
Senior Citizens £5.00
- Membership is renewable on or before the 1st of April of each year and. expires on 31 March.
- Membership that lapses beyond two years will require new membership.
- Members wishing to stand for an officer's position, can only do so after Her/ she has served 36 consecutive months as a paid up member.
- Application for membership must be proposed and seconded by a current
- 4.The number of members with which the Company proposes to be registered is 1000 but the Committee may from time to time register an increase of members.
- (a) The subscribers to the Memorandum of Association and such other persons or bodies as the Company shall admit to membership under the provisions of this Article shall be members of the Company.
- (b) Any person qualifying for membership under this sub-clause and who subscribes to the objects of the Company shall be eligible to become an "individual" member of the Company either for "ordinary membership" (as hereinafter defined), of for "associate" membership (as hereinafter defined) or for "honorary-membership" (as hereinafter defined):
- (i) 'Ordinary membership" shall be-open to all Afro-Caribbean persons and their-descendants who live in Sheffield-Such persons shall have full voting rights in Genera! Meetings of the Company;
- (ii)Associate membership” shall be open to all persons regardless of race, religious beliefs or nationality who are actively interested in the aims and objectives of the Company. Such persons shall not have voting rights-in General Meetings of the Company;
- (iii)Honorary membership” shall be open to all persons, regardless of race, religious beliefs or nationality who are genuinely in sympathy with and have actively facilitated the aims and objectives of the Company. Such persons shall not have voting rights in General Meetings of the Company.
- (c) Any trust, corporation, association or other body the objects of which are consistent with the objects of the Company shall be eligible to become an “affiliated :group” member of the Company: Such “affiliated group” member shall have voting rights in accordance with- Article 20 here of.
- (d) Two persons between the ages of 18 and 25 who represent Afro-Caribbean youths in Sheffield, shall be eligible to become youth representative" members of the Company .Such persons shall have full voting rights in General Meetings of the Company.
- (e) Any person or body wishing to become a member shall apply to the Secretary, in writing at the Registered Office of the Company. An application for membership may be approved or rejected by the Committee. The Committee shall have the right for good and sufficient reason to terminate the membership of any member PROVIDED THAT the member concerned shall have a right to be heard before a final decision is made, and shall have a right of appeal against an unfavourable decision to the Council.